Name:
Isaac VanDuyn
Philosophy Statement:

I'm a technologist who looks forward to a bright future in which everything is gleaming and clean and the world has become a a place of light, a place of slick metal devices, where all sickness, sighing, and sorrow have fled away. I believe that computers, and their proliferation and integration into every aspect of life, is what will make this come to pass. But in order for this radiant vision to become reality, there must be those who speak for the users, those who champion the elegant solving of complicated problems. It is my aim to be one of those upholders of the aesthetic, a Knight of the Effective, a Warden of the Users.

I have slight training and large interest in anthropological history, and I believe that if you look at humanity's past, most of our problems have been caused by and subsequently solved by advancing technology. I believe that by designing responsible, easy-to-use interfaces and top-to-bottom solutions, I am making the world a better place, and bringing us closer to solving problems rather than causing them.

I also believe in having fun, and I love user experience design. It's a field in which I can talk to people and then mess around in a graphics program for hours while listening to exquisite heavy metal of the most extreme varieties. And that sounds a little bit like heaven.

Email:
isaac.vanduyn@gmail.com
Portfolio: